Friday, August 12, 2011

A Piece of My Mind

I’m finally an author!  I can actually say that I have had a book published.  For as long as I can remember I have been a “writer.”  I have journals and notebooks dating all the way back to...well, let’s just say the 6th grade.  I can’t get rid of any of them.  Believe me, I have tried!  They have been with me from the US to Germany and now to South Korea.  I have written plays and stories over the years as well.  I actually enjoyed writing papers in high school, college, and graduate school.  

I just love to write, but rarely ever had the courage to write anything that I knew others would read and critique.  Every time I write something it feels like a little part of me.  Any time someone else reads what I have written, I allow them to read my thoughts.  But the hardest part has been listening to what others have to say about what I write!  This blog is one way I can start to share my thoughts and listen to the critique and comments of others.  My journals are filled with lessons God has taught me over the years that I want to pass on to others.  I have been praying for a ministry; maybe this blog is one way to have one.  So for now, I’ll let you read my mind.  I’ll even let you comment on it...for now!  
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment