Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Digging Deeper into God's Word Part 2

How many times have you read a chapter in the Bible, only to get to the end and find yourself thinking more about what you have to do next than about what you just read?  I have been there, too!  Here is an idea to help you become engrossed in God’s Word by reading thoughtfully.  Ask yourself some questions as you read the Bible:
    • Is there an example for me to follow?   
    • A command to obey?
    • A sin for me to avoid?
    • A condition to meet?
    • A promise to claim?
    • A verse to memorize?
    • A prayer to repeat?
    • A priority to change?
Make your time in the Word interactive by asking questions like these. Make it applicable by answering them. If you read my previous post and are currently studying Proverbs, try this out -- and let me know what you learn!
Blessings!
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for writing these posts Rachel! I really enjoy reading them and applying them!! Love you :-)

    ReplyDelete